One of international rallying’s most spectacular events is set to provide Abarth Rally Cup drivers with an exhilarating adventure with confirmation of the Azores Rallye as the penultimate event of the FIA European Rally Championship-based series.
Scheduled to take place from 17-19 September, the Azores Rallye is expected to form round five of the six-event Abarth Rally Cup, which is part of the ERC for a second season and offers a round-by-round prize fund of €30,000, plus an end-of-season cash prize of the same amount to the eventual champion.
Based on the mid-Atlantic Ocean archipelago’s largest island of São Miguel, the Azores Rallye turns 55 in 2020, albeit a few months later than originally listed due to the coronavirus pandemic forcing the planned running back in March to be postponed. It replaces 77th Rally Poland on the Abarth Rally Cup schedule after that event was rescheduled to 2021.
Abarth Rally Cup 2020 updated schedule
The Abarth Rally Cup will feature six events in 2020 with four on asphalt and two on gravel as follows:
- Rally di Roma Capitale (asphalt), 24-26 July
- Rally Liepāja (Latvia, gravel), 14-16 August
- Barum Czech Rally Zlín (asphalt), 28-30 August
- Azores Rallye (gravel), 17-19 September
- Rally Hungary (asphalt), 6-8 November
- Rally Islas Canarias (asphalt), 26-28 November